Monday, June 16, 2014

Tailor-Made Just For You: Wait On It, It's Coming..

2yrs ago I was able to resign from my job so I could stay home with my baby. I really didn't want to miss her "Baby Firsts"(mommies know what I mean). I told myself I would give myself at least a year or two before I go back to work. In my mind the transition from home to work was going to be a piece of cake. I figured I got the education and experience so how bad can it be. So, I didn't think twice about resigning. Well, six months ago I started applying for jobs online. I applied for 133 jobs. I am not exaggerating. I kept a rejection file just so I would be able to count the number of NO's I got. ( It was probably more than that, I got tired of counting)...

I made sure I only applied for jobs I really liked and not just jobs I could have for the moment. I am too old to be job hopping. I wanted to apply for companies/positions where I could grow career wise. So, yes I started applying for jobs I qualified for and jobs I didn't qualify for. I figured who needs a PHD, when you already have a Master, His name is JESUS, and He has the last word anyway, regardless of qualifications.
Out of all those rejections, I finally got a called for an interview. YES!!! your girl was so happy and relieved. Finally, somebody is at least giving me a chance to sell myself. I had 3 interviews with this company and was told in so many words I had the job. But I still had to wait for the official offer.I am getting a little anxious and antsy, but I continued to wait. I did a follow up call and letter and was told I was still being considered for the position. Well, little did I know God had other plans.
I was sitting on the throne in the bathroom when I felt an unction to pray again about this position, but differently this time. I truly believed God was going to blessed me with this position, all because I was getting anxious and tired of waiting for a job. I was at the point, I was almost willing to settle for less than God's best just to have a job right now...Does that sound familiar?
Settling for anything just to have what we don't have right now... 
But as I started to pray, I surrendered and told God if this is NOT the BEST you have for me, and if there is a position that you have tailor made just for me, please close the door. I don't want to settle just because I am tired of waiting and being rejected.
Yes, rejection hurts, but regret hurts worst...
If there's a job better for me please lead me to it, but close this door quickly. But, I also ask Him to prepare me once again for the rejection and strengthen me for the wait.
After that prayer, the same night I had a dream, and in my dream a young lady passed by a table where I was eating outside, and obviously we knew each other. It was as if she knew what I was going through with this job situation. She looked at me and said Marchelle, THEY will be calling you on May 21st. Then I woke up. I looked at my calendar on my phone and it said April 21st. So, in my mind I thought maybe I misheard what she said and that she actually said April instead of May, well I was hoping. My husband and I figured if no one calls me on April 21st, then maybe she did say May 21st, but then again, it was just a dream. Whose to say it was a prophetic dream? I am not that deep, matter of fact, I am not deep at all.
April came and gone and no call. I just knew the "THEY" in the dream was the company I was waiting for, so I continued to wait. On, Monday May 3rd, I got a phone call from guess who? Yep, they finally called me to offer me the position, yea right, no they called to let me know that they went with another candidate and the only reason I didn't get the job was because I didn't have early learning experience.. I was thinking (SERIOUSLY LADY!!! It took you 3 interviews and a long drawn out wait to figure that out, Ok, whatever you say). Honestly, I was jumping for joy. Praising God for answering my prayers. He had something better for me. Thank you Lord, for closing that door.
God close the door on Monday, and on Tuesday I got an email from a beautiful woman of God. Her spirit is amazing. She is a jewel and if you are reading this, you know who you are. She sent me a job description for an open position at an amazing company. She had no idea I was just rejected for a job a day before but God used her to send me this information. Well, to make a long story a little longer, I received a phone call for an interview on, wait for it...May 21st!!!. I guess it was prophetic, go figure. Well, I interviewed for the position, made it to the top 10 then to the top 4 finalist, and now the wait is over. I GOT THE JOB!!! Not to mention, this job is 20xs better than the first one.

So, no matter how long the wait, no matter how many rejections you face, no matter how much it hurts,  never give up on the power of God. He wants to give you the best but only if you are willing to PATIENTLY wait for it. Patiently waiting is just waiting with the right attitude, and it's easier to do this if we continue to praise God in the process.
 
 I truly believed He was getting ready to give me that job only because I was anxious and was willing to settle, but when I surrendered and allowed God to bless me the way He wanted too, He moved in my favor and it was better than the first... I do understand that when doors close in your face it can be painful. It can mess with your mind, emotions, self-esteem, self-worth and even your confidence. But just remember God knows all things. He can see what we can't. So trust Him when He closes a door because He is just tailor making a door just for you is right around the corner. It's closer than you think. Don't settle for less than God's best in every area of your life. God's timing is everything. No it doesn't feel good. Yes it hurts at time, shoot, most of the time... But the hurt evidently fades away with the new blessings that God bestows upon us.

I know it's even harder when you see doors opening for others around you. You're happy for them, but yet the human side says, when is it going to be my turn. Just stay encouraged. Keep the faith. Stay focus. So whatever it is that you are waiting for: job, spouse, college degree, house, car, direction, guidance, for a bad situation to change, etc,,,  It's coming. When you feel weak and weary, trust and depend on God for the unmerited favor and strength to withstand... You can do it. I did it, and so can you....
Who Are You? You are blessed beyond measure. You receive all that's rightfully yours without settling for anything less than God's best for you. You will walk only in the doors God has tailor made just for you.

If you enjoyed this and was encouraged please leave a comment below and let's also encourage others, by Sharing on Facebook, Google+, and any other social links you see below.

Have a blessed and Purposeful Day,
TPL😘😘😘






No comments:

Post a Comment